Australian and New Zealand Urological Nurses Society
ANZUNS is the peak professional organisation for urology nursing in Australia and New Zealand. ANZUNS' objectives are;
- To create the opportunity for Urology Nurses to undertake research based practice through education
- To provide expertise through the provision of guidelines, standards of practice and special interest groups
- To provide leadership to facilitate collaboration amongst urology health professionals
British Association of Urological Nurses
The British Association of Urological Nurses (BAUN) aims to develop Urological Nursing and support Urology Nurses.
- Holds annual conferences and study days
- Produces guidelines for practice
- Distributes the International Journal of Urological Nurses to members
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter for members
European Association of Urology Nurses
European Association of Urology Nurses is the representative body for European nurses in urology.
EAUN produces online education courses, workshops and lectures, hosts an annual 3-day conference, and offers fellowships.
Society of urologic nurses and associates
The Society of urologic nurses and associates (SUNA) is a US-based organisation, focusing on urologic and related nursing. SUNA;
- Publishes a professional, peer-reviewed bi-monthly journal (Urologic Nursing Journal) and a newsletter (Uro-Gram)
- Establishes the scope and standards of urologic nursing practice and the scope and standards of advanced urologic nursing practice
- Provides scholarships, grants and awards to nurses and other health care professionals.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society
The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN) is a professional, US-based, international nursing society of more than 5,000 health care professionals who are experts in the care of patients with wound, ostomy and incontinence.